ARC is a resource for students and faculty who are in need of having tests proctored for ARC-affiliated students. It is important to note that:
- ARC proctoring days and hours are limited. For the Spring 2021 semester, ARC proctoring will be available between 9 am and 4 pm Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 9 to 1 on Fridays. For finals, ARC proctoring will be available each of the weekdays during which finals are scheduled, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Professor and student must discuss and agree upon the proctoring date and time BEFORE scheduling with ARC (for scheduling, see paragraph below).
- ARC needs advance notice in order to provide proctoring. We do not offer drop-in testing. During the semester, we need notice at least five days in advance. For final exams, we require notice one month in advance. Advance notice means receipt of the Exam Administration Form.
- Due to limited resources, ARC cannot provide proctoring for exams rescheduled to facilitate travel, vacations, social events, family reunions, interviews, etc.
- Once set, dates of proctored assessments cannot be changed without the documented agreement of both the instructor and student.
TO SCHEDULE AN EXAM WITH ARC: The instructor must confer with the student and then complete the Exam Administration Form to provide information about the administration of the exam (duration, materials, date & time, etc.). This is needed five days before the requested date for the proctoring (and one month in advance of finals).
For the Spring 2021 semester, ARC is providing proctoring via Zoom, but not in-person. Once the Exam Administration form is received and processed, ARC can: 1) contact the student with a Zoom link for the date and time identified in the form, or 2) can link into the professor’s meeting. ARC proctors will provide accommodations in accordance with the student’s accommodation memo, and will exercise due diligence to ensure academic integrity. If the student has not connected to Zoom within 15 minutes of the start time, the proctoring will be cancelled. Rescheduling is a possibility, but limitations will apply. Students are reminded to have their IDs ready to show when they join the zoom meeting.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.