ARC is glad to be a resource for students and faculty who need having tests proctored for ARC-affiliated students. For the Spring 2024 semester, ARC provides in-person proctoring (remote proctoring will be considered on a case-by-case basis). If there are special or extenuating circumstances, please email email@example.com. ARC proctors will provide accommodations in accordance with the student’s accommodation memo and will exercise due diligence to ensure academic integrity.
Please note: April 10th is the deadline to schedule proctoring for finals.
Here are some other considerations to be aware of:
- Students are reminded to have their IDs ready to show when they appear for proctoring, to remove their smartwatches and air pods, and to leave any belongings with the proctor in the ARC Suite that are not needed for the exam (those belongings will be supervised by the ARC Staff).
- Proctoring may be held in other locations (typically a room in Forcina) when capacity is reached in the ARC Suite.
- If the student has not appeared for their exam within 15 minutes of the start time, the proctoring will be canceled. Rescheduling is a possibility, but limitations will apply.
- Because of limited resources, we cannot proctor exams that are untimed or have “unlimited time.”
- We want the students for whom we proctor exams to have the best possible chance to demonstrate mastery of the subject. Therefore, we cannot act as readers for a test in a foreign language, where our lack of fluency could be detrimental to a student’s academic performance. Similarly, we cannot describe images, diagrams, charts or graphs for students, as our interpretations could adversely influence the student’s answers. Instructors, if you have a question about how to structure a test with these elements for a student with a disability, we would be happy to discuss it with you in advance of the test.
- Due to the high demand for proctoring exams for legitimate disability-related reasons, we cannot provide proctoring for exams rescheduled to facilitate travel, vacations, social events, etc.
Scheduling ARC proctoring will continue to be handled with the ARC Exam Proctoring google form.
As always, ARC asks for notification at least three business days in advance of the proctoring date:
PROCESS FOR SCHEDULING PROCTORING
Students: You start this process by emailing your instructors, letting them know when you are available to be proctored (remember — between 9 am and 4 pm), and indicate what testing accommodations you wish to enact for this particular test.
Faculty: when then date/time is finalized, you (not the student) are to complete the ARC Exam Proctoring form. . Please use the form to alert ARC of the approved testing accommodations are requested by your student.
ARC will send a confirmation to students and faculty a few days ahead of the proctoring date.