The College of New Jersey Logo

Apply     Visit     Give     |     Alumni     Parents     Offices     TCNJ Today     Three Bar Menu

Accommodation Process for Students

As a College of New Jersey student with a disability, you can register with the Accessibility Resource Center to be approved for accommodations. Accommodations are designed to eliminate disability-related barriers in the environment and curriculum so that you have an equal opportunity for success.

Needing accommodations for the first time?

  1. Complete the Accessibility Resource Center registration through this quick and easy online form.
  2. Upload documentation from a licensed professional. See our Documentation Guidelines for information on what is needed.

If you don’t have your documentation or previous accommodations ready to upload now, you can upload it to your portal later, however we cannot move forward with the process until we have supporting documentation (as is required by the ADA — Americans with Disabilities Act).  We’d appreciate hearing from you about the timeline for this so that we can plan accordingly.

You will now have a portal in our accommodations system, reachable at:  (please bookmark this url).

What happens next?

An accessibility specialist will be assigned to you permanently for consistency and ease of communication. Your information will be reviewed and you will be contacted by the specialist to meet about finalizing your accommodation plan.

Please note:

  • The accommodations are NOT CONSIDERED IN EFFECT until you have an accommodation memo and you and your instructors (for academic accommodations) have met to work out the implementation of your accommodations. Please do this as soon as you are able.
  • You are expected to keep your Specialist informed of your experiences as you move through each semester, so that any emerging concerns can be addressed while they are still easier to resolve.
  • A week before each semester, you need to take a step to renew the accommodations for the coming term. Please see the Semester Request document for the process.

For more details, please email or call 609-771-3199.


Accessibility Resource Center (ARC)
Roscoe West Hall, Suite 202
The College of New Jersey
P.O. Box 7718
2000 Pennington Rd.
Ewing, NJ 08628


609.637.5082 FAX

Office Directory

New Students Starting in Fall 2024 -- register AFTER JUNE 1
Skip to content