How Can Accessibility Resource Center (ARC) Help You?
Process for Obtaining Assistance:
If you have a disability that requires assistance or accommodations, it is recommended that you register (affiliate) with our office. Please note that you must have already accepted TCNJ as your school before beginning this process.
- Complete the ARC Affiliation form — please do this step first. It’s a quick and easy google form.
- Complete the ARC Housing Accommodation Request form — but only if you have disability-related housing needs.
- Email a copy of previous accommodations (504, IEP, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email documentation — a short letter is fine — to email@example.com from a licensed professional (doctor/therapist/counselor/etc.) containing:
- Identification of where these diagnosis cause issues in your access to education, housing, dining, etc.
- Expect us to acknowledge these pieces as they come in.
When we have your documentation and forms, we will review them and then contact you for a meeting. At that meeting, you and your Specialist will discuss and then decide on the accommodations that will best support your for success and well-being. For academic accommodations, you will then contact your faculty and share your accommodations with them, and discuss how to implement them, as the logistics may vary from class to class. Ideally, this all happens before or very early in the semester, as the benefits of most accommodations are cumulative. Accommodations received after the start of a semester are not retroactive to the beginning of the semester.
You are encouraged to keep your Specialist informed of your experience, so that any emerging concerns can be addressed immediately.
Documentation does not need to be resubmitted while you are at TCNJ, unless something has changed. Housing Accommodation Request Forms DO have to be submitted each academic year. This usually happens in January for returning students and in May/early June for new students.
For more details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609-771-3199.